Tuesday 9 February 2010

This should be a laugh!

Is it just me? or do you find that whenever you go clothes shopping they've never got what you want in your size, colour you want, fabric you want and if they do it's usually too expensive or doesn't fit?

Well I've brought this book that claims to make pattern designing easy - lets you creat a pattern from a favourite item of clothing without taking it apart etc etc.

 The blurb reads "Both a primer and a book full of basic pattern know-how, Design-it-youself Clothes is written by an experienced fashion designer who  has an approachable voice and an eye toward a modern aesthetic.  You'll learn to draft and fit, and then eventually customise and expand on key wardrobe staples, skirts, t-shirts, blouses, trousers and dresses."

I'll let you know how I get on - once I've made my cushions, cushions for Sid's (Chris') birthday, had a go and the dress pattern I've got out of Prima magazine (using some old fabric first - in case the design doesn't suit me).

1 comment: