Monday 18 January 2010

Hope dad doesn't want his shirt back!



There was no snow, no ice so I thought I'd make the treck over to Shrewsbury to buy some more fabric.
To be honest I was dissapointed, I only brought three different fabrics.  One I fell in love with straight away, that I shall make myself a skirt and bag with, once we get some warmer weather.  Another fabric to make this design bag  (Pleated Beauty Handbag from Bend the rules sewing by Amy Karol) for a friends birthday and the red fabric you can see above.

I really wanted to get some fabric to make some cushions for my lounge, I quite fancied some retro 70's design in brown and creams, but there was nothing in brown at all.  So instead I thought I'd try this pattern out before I make it up for my friend.  I dug out an old shirt of my dads, that had a rip in it, for the contrast and the lining.  I then added the flower to "finish" it off.  I think next time I make the bag I shall make the straps wider as they seem a bit narrow for such a large bag.  But overall I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Bag looks great, good choice of fabric, they really go together. So will you be "ripping" more of Pete's shirts?

    ReplyDelete